Friday, June 23, 2006

Introduction

Hi Friends and Family! This is my first attempt at a blog. Its much easier than mailing you all pictures. These you can save, download, email, print or all of the above. Wish I'd thought of it sooner. I should get better at this as I go along. Apologies for the appearance/incoherence of this first iteration.

Cliff Phipps and I share a trailer with two other guys behind the Presidential Palace, (now serving as the American Embassy). This is where our story begins . . .

-MG





The Neighborhood: Our place is the stairway on the left. Notice the sandbag walls covered in canvas. These house at least one scorpion. I've seen the bastard. Movin' and turnin like a tank. Cliff Phipps, my roomate - known in Arabic as "Phiss", stands in front of one date palm for perspective.









These trees tower up to 120 feet overhead.

No comments: